Technical Project Co-ordinator
Central London, Permanent Contract
The Role – RSMB have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and self-assured individual to lead the co-ordination of our data integration business. Your goal will be to ensure our products and services continue to reach our customary levels of professional excellence. As the successful candidate your personality and ‘soft skills’ will be considered as important as your experience and career successes. However we anticipate you will be educated to degree level and have 2 to 4 years’ experience in roles that will enable you to demonstrate relevant skills and success according to the criteria below.
The Responsibilities – your key responsibilities in this demanding role include:
- Planning and managing large scale data integration projects acting as the internal project co-ordinator as well as providing external technical client service.
- Working as part of a project team of experienced statisticians, IT experts and client service specialists, you will be responsible for overseeing accurate and timely delivery of outputs that adhere to agreed specification.
- Prioritise and constantly review workloads and tasks across the project team.
- Creating data specifications and ensuring input data supplied by third parties adheres to these.
- Devising and undertaking rigorous quality control procedures to ensure deliverables of the highest standard.
- Undertaking data analysis and contributing to reports and Technical Appendices.
- Overseeing query and resolution management between parties.
The Successful Candidate – you will demonstrate the following personal attributes and skills:
- A genuine ‘can do’ attitude; more Agile than Prince. Continuous process improvement will drive you.
- Superb organisational skills combined with a methodical, analytical and inquisitive mind.
- An appetite to understand complex processes – both statistical and technical – combined with the ability and willingness to communicate elements of these to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing effective communication between clients and colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to work autonomously by thinking for yourself and applying common sense.
- Highly numerate with a grasp of, and interest in, statistical methods.
- A very keen eye for detail and numerical interpretation coupled with the confidence to ‘push back’ by demanding further explanations and reworking’s when necessary.
- Highly computer literate, particularly in Excel and ideally with some experience of Oracle databases/SQL and Visual Basic; an eagerness to develop these skills would be beneficial.
The Company – RSMB is a specialist company providing statistically-led research and consultancy services across all areas of the media research sector. RSMB holds key contracts with BARB, RAJAR, JICREG and the NRS – the organisations responsible for providing the official measurements of UK television, radio and readership audiences. In addition RSMB have a long established relationship with the IPA who coordinate the interests of advertising agencies. Our work also includes ad-hoc projects for a variety of well-known broadcasters and media owners. RSMB works internationally with active projects in several European counties.
Historically, RSMB’s core services have been within the field of design, methodology and quality control, covering both traditional survey and panel research. However, we are now experiencing increased demand for RSMB’s data integration and modelling expertise reflecting the complexity of change within the media landscape. The role described above will focus on this area of RSMB’s business.
The Package – RSMB is an equal opportunities employer and will offer a competitive employment package dependent on experience together with all the benefits you would expect from a profitable, small and friendly company based in Central London. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Applications – please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date: January 31st 2017.