Finance Assistant (Part time)
3 days/21 hours per week
RSMB is a small, friendly company of approximately 40 people, based in the West End of London. Providing research and consultancy services across all areas of the media industry, RSMB holds key contracts with BARB and RAJAR– the organisations responsible for providing the official measurements of UK television, radio and readership audiences – and the IPA, who coordinate the interests of advertising agencies.
The role of Finance Assistant is to help the Financial Controller/Company Secretary with the smooth running of day-to-day financial operations. Reporting directly to the FC/CS, the Finance Assistant shall be responsible for day to day processing of transactions, all other general accounting duties such as journal entries, reconciliations and payment runs, along with providing assistance with production of monthly reporting.
- Management of the purchase ledger (coding and posting of invoices), allocations, queries, reconciliations and the production of weekly payment runs
- Credit card reconciliations, ensuring all costs are authorised with supporting receipts and coded and posted correctly
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations, ensuring all payments and income are posted appropriately
- Fixed asset registers – maintaining the fixed asset register, and calculating the relevant depreciation
- General assistance with month end – preparing and posting journals onto system, preparation of ad hoc analyses and reconciliations
- Creation of timesheets import files to load on to the accounting system
- Setting up new jobs on the accounting systems, and analysing project time as required
- Other ad hoc finance duties as required by the needs of the business – such as tax analyses, help with VAT returns, preparation of annual audit schedules and completion of reporting to parent companies.
Essential experience & skills
- You will have a proven track record of working in an accounts office, and have purchase ledger experience and experience in General ledger and accruals and prepayments
- Flexible and adaptable – the needs of the job may change from week to week
- Excellent communication skills (face to face, telephone and email)
- You will be competent with excel (able to perform pivot tables and V-lookups)
- Good knowledge of a computerised accounts package (Sage 200 desirable but not essential)
- Have an excellent eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- You must be a team player and someone with the ability to manage their own time and organize their own priorities
- You need to be able to use your initiative to work independently but are equally capable working as part of a team
- A generous benefits package is provided, including a pension scheme, 25 days holiday pro rata per annum (rising to 30 days pro rata), private medical insurance, season ticket loan, group life and permanent health insurance.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org